What is a Short Term break?
Where people with learning disabilities and carers have the chance to take a break from each other
Who can use this service?
At present we support people with learning disabilities aged 18 plus from the London Borough of Barnet and surrounding boroughs.
What support do people get?
Support is offered to each person individually and the support they need can vary widely. We also offer holidays and weekend activities.
How do I pay for this Service?
Speak to your social worker about our offer and contact us to discuss payments
We aim to:
- support people with a learning disability and associated health problems
- offer everyone a variety of opportunities and choices
- encourage people to use their own skills and to do as much as possible for themselves
- help people make links with the community
- promote people’s self-confidence
- involve people and their carers’ in improving the service
- provide services that can be adapted to individual needs and which are good value for money
The house has a spacious and comfortable shared living room, three bedrooms and two bathrooms. It has a walled garden where people can relax. There is a skilled and experienced staff team.
The Short Breaks Service received the CQC rating 'Good'. To view our latest CQC inspection report, for May 2019, please click here.
You can view our profile on the CQC website by clicking here.
Where is Sherrick House?
30 Church End, Hendon, NW4 4JX
Other Useful information about Sherrick House:
- Sherrick House offers short break holidays
- We are a non-smoking building.
How do I find out more about this Service?
Contact Barnet Mencap’s Short Breaks team by email to email@example.com on by telephone on 020 8203 4860
Barnet Mencap Office on 020 8349 3842
Speak to your Social Worker or Duty Social Worker.
We offer fantastic supported holidays for people with learning disabilities within the UK and abroad - from Butlin's to Florida!
Check out our Just Holidays page to see what we have coming up and to book your holiday!