Work with Barnet Mencap
Are you interested in working with people with learning disabilities and/or autism? Here's where you'll find information about our current vacancies.
Community Support Worker
Barnet Mencap is dynamic, expanding, and looking for team players to join our enthusiastic and diverse team. We support adults with moderate learning disabilities and/or autism to live independently in housing of their choice.
The role offers a challenge and satisfaction, which will suit people who:
- have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and autism in a community setting
- have a good working knowledge of safeguarding issues facing people with learning disabilities and autism
- understand the issues faced by people with learning disabilities and autism living independently and have the skills to meet their practical, social and emotional needs
- have a ‘Person Centred Planning’ ethos
- have excellent communication skills
Barnet Mencap is committed to safeguarding, quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Barnet Mencap is committed to equal opportunities and the safeguarding of children and adults at risk.
Closing date: 1st June 2020
To apply, please either complete this Application form or send a statement explaining how you meet the criteria on the job specification. Completed applications can either be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to our office address.
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service application in line with Section 115 of The Police Act 1997.
We regularly have job vacancies, and will always put them on this page. Please check back in future to see what we have available.
For details of our volunteering opportunities, please click here.