Work with Barnet Mencap
Are you interested in working with people with learning disabilities and/or autism? Here's where you'll find information about our current vacancies.
Working for You Advisor (advice and information)
Full-time 35 hours
We are dynamic, expanding, and looking for focused individuals to join our enthusiastic and diverse team. We offer adults with moderate learning disabilities and autism Information, Advice and Guidance on a wide range of issues. The job offers a challenge and satisfaction and will suit someone who meets the following:
- have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism
- have a good working knowledge of safeguarding issues facing people with learning disabilities/autism
- be a good team member
- understand the issues faced by people with learning disability/autism living have a ‘Person Centred Planning’ ethos
- have excellent communication and literacy skills
- to be able to advocate strongly for service users
Barnet Mencap is committed to equal opportunities and the safeguarding of children and adults at risk.
To apply, please either complete this application form or send a CV with a statement explaining how you meet each of the criteria on the person specification. Completed applications can either be emailed to Project Support or sent to our office address.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check in line with Section 115 of The Police Act 1997.
Closing date: Friday 31st January 2020 at 5pm.
We regularly have job vacancies, and will always put them on this page. Please check back in future to see what we have available.
For details of our volunteering opportunities, please click here.