Work with Barnet Mencap
Are you interested in working with people with learning disabilities and/or autism? Here's where you'll find information about our current vacancies.
Outreach Support Worker
We are dynamic, expanding, and looking for focused individuals to join our enthusiastic and diverse team. We support adults with moderate learning disabilities and/or autism to live independently in housing situations of their choice. The job offers a challenge and satisfaction and will suit someone who meets the following:
- have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and autism in a community setting
- have a good working knowledge of safeguarding issues facing people with learning disabilities and autism
- be a good team member
- understand the issues faced by people with learning disabilities and autism living independently and have the skills to meet their practical, social and emotional needs
- have a ‘Person Centred Planning’ ethos
- have excellent communication skills
Barnet Mencap is committed to equal opportunities and the safeguarding of children and adults at risk.
To apply for this position, please complete this Employment Application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can send us a CV with a covering letter to explain how you meet the criteria on the Person Specification to the same address.
Barnet Mencap is committed to equal opportunities and the safeguarding of children and adults at risk. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service form in line with Section 115 of The Police Act 1997.
For details of our volunteering opportunities, please click here.