Work with Barnet Mencap
Are you interested in working with people with learning disabilities and/or autism? Here's where you'll find information about our current vacancies.
Working for You Advisor (advice and information)
Full-time 35 hours
We are dynamic, expanding, and looking for focused individuals to join our enthusiastic and diverse team. We offer adults with moderate learning disabilities and/or High Functioning autism Information, Advice and Guidance on a wide range of issues. The job offers a challenge and satisfaction and will suit someone who meets the following:
- have experience of working with adults with learning disabilities and/or autism
- have a good working knowledge of safeguarding issues facing people with learning disabilities/autism
- be a good team member
- understand the issues faced by people with learning disability/autism living
have a ‘Person Centred Planning’ ethos
- have excellent communication and literacy skills
- to be able to advocate strongly for service users
Barnet Mencap is committed to equal opportunities and the safeguarding of children and adults at risk.
To view the Job Description for the role, please click here.
To view the Person Specification for the role, please click here.
To apply for the role, please fill in this Application Form. Alternatively, please send us your CV with a covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria in the Person Specification.
Closing Date: 3rd January 2021 (applications will be looked at as they come in)
We always advertise our jobs on this website, so check back regularly to see what positions we are looking to fill.
For details of our volunteering opportunities, please click here.