Supporting parents and carers of children and adults with a learning disability
Our Family Support services offer independent advice, information and support to parents and carers of children and adults who have a learning disability. To view a flyer about all of our Family Support services, please click here.
- Open Door Project - for parents of 0-5 year olds with any special or additional needs - To view the flyer, please click here
- Family Support - for parents/carers of school age children and young people with a learning disability or autism (5-18 years) - To view the flyer, click here
- Carers Support and Outreach Worker - for family carers of adults with learning disabilities, available fortnightly by appointment
- Take a Break Short Breaks service - short breaks for a child or young person aged 0-19 - To view the flyer, please click here
We Can Offer:
- Telephone advice and information and /or home visits
- The opportunity for you to discuss the needs of your son/daughter
- Support when writing letters to the Local Authority or preparing for meetings
- Help to access services
- Help to access disability benefits and make charity applications, if appropriate
We Also Offer:
Open Door's drop-in for parents of under 5's.
An outreach service to individual families
Workshops and courses for parents on topics such as EHCPs, CAF assessments, siblings of children with additional needs.
We attend parent events across the borough and Open Evenings at special schools
We work in partnership with:
Fair Play Barnet, Homestart, Parent Partnership, London Borough of Barnet, Prospects, Barnet Carers Centre, Parents Groups, CommUNITY Barnet, Schools, Health Professionals, Housing and others
We can be contacted:
by phone on 020 8349 3842, by fax on 020 8349 2192 by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To make a referral:
To make a referral to the Children's Services team - either for yourself or somebody you work with if you are a professional- please fill in this form, and send to email@example.com or post it to Barnet Mencap, 35 Hendon Lane, Finchley N3 1RT.